Saturday, December 11, 2010

Bangladesh to New Zealand

Well there couldn't have been more of a contrast as between Bdesh and Singapore although I was only in the airport having visited the city many years ago.  I had a transit room and slept for 6 hours, thank God that capacity has never failed me yet!  When refreshed I went on the sky trains around the outside of the aiport buildings which overlooked pristine gardens full of shrubs and trees neatly covering the roadsides.  Taxis lined in military fashion all along one side of the road and not one person in sight.  It was bizarre and eerie, after Bangladesh I thought very sad after all there are over 4 million people living in Singapore.

I treated my pinkies to a wonderful foot massage but there were moments when I felt as if she was stripping the veins in my leg without an anaesthetic!  I did mention that I thought I had requested reflexology but she promptly told me that my calves neede work done!  She told me the population of Sing. and that it was very easy to get around on the buses, not too crowded, anyone from Dublin bus listening?!

The shopping malls in the airport were incredible and you could buy just about anything so Santa had a bit of fun.

Then off to NZ and I must say whatever kind of a plane I was in economy was very comfortable and not too bad for a 10 hour flight.  My first impression coming into land was 'circling over some Irish small farmlands, very green and yes even a possible reflection of the Bluestacks in the distance'.  Christchurch airport itself is somewhere between Knock and Derry!  Long custom clearance but then got to the airport hotel and yes slept for another 6 hours godbless me.  Got up had something to eat and bed again by midnight and slept through until morning, how many of our politicians have such a clear conscience?!

Finally myself and my motorhome met for the first time and I think we are going to get along just fine.  There's a bit of hauling and pulling flexes and tubes which is not very dignified but other than that we should be ok.  Well I spent 2 weeks in Bangladesh and had no problem with anyone undersnding me but I'm afraid they don't get my accent here nor I theirs at times so it will be fun.

When I left the Motorhome rental park I took a wrong turn and 'toured' for about 50 kilometers and only saw 2 people that I could stop and ask directions off and that proved to be something, I think a Kerryman settled here many years ago.  I passed Robinson's road, any connection Craig and eventually got to my destination which was another shopping mall this time to buy essentials for my travelling companion.

Hit the road again en route to Queenstown where Gabriel is; meeting Aisling next week.  Stopped in a KIWI park in Geraldine where I am writing this blog from.  I have to say that so far though the countryside has been very monotonous to drive through.  Once again thousands of acres of prime agriculture land with huge herds of cattle, I have never seen such large herds it reminds me of the old cowboy movies when they were moving cattle for days on end, younger generation tune out??  But hardly anyone in sight.

Heading into the mountains towards Queenstown so looking forward to that scenery and on that note I'll say goodbye for now.

2 comments:

  1. You hired a motorhome well that must be a change from the avensis estate!!!

    ReplyDelete